27.9.05

OH NOOOOOESS!!!11

Quick update: My motherboard decided to go belly up this weekend, so I had to order a replacement and bought some other new components in the process. Some of the articles that I had saved to the hard drive for posting will have to be rescued before re-installing Windows.

Right now i'm posting from a pc that only has a motherboard, power supply, a stick of RAM, and a cd-rom drive that's currently holding a cd of a Debian based Linux operating system with the Enlightenment desktop environment. It's a great backup tool since you have the ability to surf, check email, chat, or even watch dvd's (on a separate dvd-rom drive of course), all without installing a single thing to your hard drive. A operating system strictly running from a cd; nuts I say. Here is a link to a screenshot so you have an idea of what I'm using right now.

In case you're interested in other Linux live cd's, here is a list consisting of a plethora of live linux distros. (heh, plethora).

I'll be back in a couple of days. Ciao.

No comments: