9.12.04

R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott

"COLUMBUS, Ohio - A gunman charged onstage at a packed nightclub and opened fire on the band and the crowd, killing top heavy metal guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott and three other people before a police officer shot him to death, authorities and witnesses said."

I honestly am speechless, as I've just read this minutes ago. A guitar hero of mine since Pantera's Cowyboys From Hell, Dime was a huge influence not only on me, but thousands and thousands of guitar players everywhere.

You will be sorely missed Darrell.


2 comments:

Roshan said...

Thanks for the comment in my blog. One comment deserves another. Shame about Dimebag. Do u think musicians will think twice about playing smaller venues where the security is not so strong?

n3tfury said...

Hi Roshan,

I guess there were alot of club owners saying that they're NOT going to beef up security because "the criminals would win" if they did that. Honestly, there is absolutely NO logic in that. I personally think they should beef up security. People think they can just "pack" wherever and whenever they feel like it. Break out the metal detectors if you ask me!