12.9.06

Michael Schumacher Retiring


"Michael Schumacher will bring down the curtain on his glittering Formula 1 career at the end of this season.

Ferrari announced the momentous news in a press release issued moments after Schumacher sped to a glorious victory at Monza and slashed Fernando Alonso’s world title lead to a mere two points.

The 37-year-old German, fighting back the tears, confirmed his decision in a heart-rending statement during the post-race press conference.

"To make it short, this is going to be my last Monza race. At the end of this year I have decided together with the team that I’m going to retire from racing," he said.


Well, this is a few days old already, but I really didn't want to post this even though I knew the time would come. I'm an avid Formula One fan and have been following Michael's career since his days with Benetton. He and Jean Todt turned Ferrari around and created a juggernaut.

Michael Schumacher will be missed by millions of people and one in particular - me. F1 won't be the same to watch without him racing, but I wish him a happy retirement and a big thank you for the years of awe-inspiring drives.

Cheers.

No comments: