27.12.05

Getting The Perfect Nap


"When billionaire adventurer Steve Fossett broke the record for around-the-world solo jet flight last March, he slept just 60 minutes in 67 hours of flight time -- 60 minutes broken into two- and three-minute naps. "I slept when I needed it and awoke refreshed," he says. Fossett, who holds world records in ballooning, sailing, and flying, adds that none of his feats could have been done without these micro-variety "power naps."

I've never been much of a napper because it seemed like more often than not, I would feel more sluggish than I did previously. From the information in the article and the following chart, I can see why - my naps were about half an hour, which they shouldn't be. I'm going to try shorter intervals when I feel I need some extra z's.

No comments: